Sunday 26 July 2015

Bye Bye Berlin

My last day in Berlin was pretty laid back. Since Ashley and I had walked so much the previous day, we were still kind of beat.
I moseyed through the morning, talked to some girls from Vegas, a handsome guy from DC ;) and headed to Ashley's hostile around noon. We actually stayed at her hostile for a while because we both had to figure out our next travel moves and she had a computer and good wifi. I got my place in Prague booked and my bus ticket ready to go and we decided to head out for our day.


 
We walked to the cathedral we saw the previous day and decided to head in and check it out. It was gorgeous. They had a wedding going on at the same time which was weird cause if I was the bride I would be a bit pissy if tourists were being so loud while I was trying to say some vows...we headed down to the crypt and then up to the top to get a fantastic view of Berlin. 200 and something stairs later, we were not disappointed.

We ventured over to the chocolate shop where you can create your own personalized chocolate and made some concoctions for gifts for our family and while we waited for them to cool and be ready to take home our stomachs once again told us we need to feed.
Mission: FIND CURRYWURST!
Mission accomplished! We found a great place by Checkpoint Charlie, and our bellies thanked us. And I will add that it was fantastic. Usually just the word 'curry' makes me think of diarrhea, I don't even know why, nonetheless I was gonna give it a try.. Sooo good!!
** 
After our lunch we had AMAZING ice cream from the Woop Woop truck! All fresh ingredients put in and then turned into ice cream with liquid nitrogen! I had mint/lime (sounds weird but it was very refreshing with mint leaves and fresh line juice, and Ashley had strawberry cheesecake... Both were amazing)


After that we did some.shopping for stuff that we 'needed', tanks, rompers, stupid hats, ya know the usually things that girls need. (we did not buy a stupid hat, but it was funny to try it on!)


After that we were so exhausted that we went back to her hostile and just relaxes, took a load off. Ashley napped and I blogged for a bit to catch up. Then we just went to the store and bought some salads for dinner, had a romantic dinner from our plastic containers and I headed back to my hostile.


All around thought of Berlin:
the city is really dirty. Graffiti, and cigarette butts EVERYWHERE. also lots of broken beer bottles and bottle caps litter the city. Now not every part of the city is like this but a lot of places we went to were pretty gross. Obviously the touristy parts aren't as bad, but a lot of places that I saw were pretty dirty, especially by my hostile. Berlin, is nice when you hit the tourist spots, grungy and dirty in other parts. Will I go back? Maybe, but not a high priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment