Thursday 23 July 2015

Berlin Bound

July 23rd 2015
Woke up at 3:45... Silvia was already awake and hadn't slept all night.. I on the other hand had a pretty good sleep for going to bed at 12:30 and waking up before the ass crack of dawn but not even the crack was showing yet. It was still dark out.

Today is the day that marks one whole week that I was with Silvia! That's a long time! Who knew I would travel with her for so long! It was so amazing to have someone to be my companion for a WEEK!

To be honest, as much as I already miss Silvia, I think I'm ready to do it alone again. I loved every minute with Silvia, but the thing about traveling with someone is that you have to compromise and come to agreements, make decisions, spend more money than you need to. I think being with someone for a week has given me a new appreciation for traveling alone.
Not to say I wont ever travel with someone, but I will for sure never jump the gun and travel with someone just because I feel I need a buddy. It will take an extremely laid back person for me to have another travel partner. It feels like being in a relationship would... You have to deal with everything about the other person and have patients, understanding, a sense of humor, and know that we all have our quarks that you can really be like nails on a chalk board.

Back on track!
I took a 5:20am train to Berlin, and its basically filled with just backpackers from alllllll over the world. A true mixing pot. I'll be on the train a total of 6 hours. SLEEP!


3..2...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Train ride was SO long. I'm glad that's over with. Got to the train station and had to get food seeing as I hadn't eaten yet and was starting to get a head ache. It took me a while, walking around aimlessly trying to figure out the whole train thing to get to my hostel.... Trains freak me out. Don't know why, they just do. But I was victorious and got to my hostel!
The hostel is in a kind of.outskirt type area (damn it) and right next to the train (thank god). Sadly I'm 30 minutes from where Ashley is staying (NOOO!) But were going to find a.central location to meet the days that we can. So my hostel is clean and nice. Just not in the right location unfortunately :/ live and learn I guess.. Shit.


Met up with Ashley shortly after where we tried to figure out if we would meet again in our travels. We then decided to do the coolest thing ever with two girls that she met from Australia previously in Berlin, and that itself deserves its own post!

No comments:

Post a Comment