Saturday 18 July 2015

Belgium has earned its place






Yesterday was my first full day in Brussels, Belgium. I can safely say that I really love this country, city, atmosphere!
I woke up and headed down for breakfast in the kitchen before I went on my walking tour of this fantastic place. I met a tiny little Colombian girl named Sylvia and we planned on meeting downstairs of our hostile to take the tour together. I waited and while I waited for her I met a very nice couple from Peru, and then soon following a fantastic girl from Australia, Ashley. Sylvia came down and we went on a fantastic walking tour of the city, we learned history, we saw little Peepee and his sister, and learned the best place for fries, cheap beer (1€) and waffle street.



Belgium waffles: AMAZING!



We walked around and saw the Atomium, which was actually really cool. I was told not to see it cause its boring but it was really neat!


We all walked around and enjoyed the city, which was so lively! Its the kind of city that I love.. Cobblestone walkways, side streets of markets and shops, every way something new, I love it!

We got lunch at this shop where the tour guide said had the best fries and I got a Matriallete, which in English, doesn't translate to, but just is a baguette with meet, sauteed onions, sauce and loaded with fries... Way to much food for for person... So I finished it.. And then we got waffles.. Obviously..


After all the walking around in the amazing weather we were having (tan lines babyyy!) we were all pretty tired so we went back to the hostile and had some down time before meeting back up for some beers and hanging out in the nightlife. Which let me just say, is not at all like the nightlife at home. People littered the streets, they have a main street they painted with color and these wood structures to sit and lay on, some like trails and some like bleachers and forts. They have ping pong tables and bocce ball games as part of the street, bolted in the ground. People just sitting in the main grand place in little pods drinking, enjoying the lights of the city. It is definitely my kind of place!




We got back to our hostile, after of course I hunted down another waffle, at about 1:30? Not super late, but with the full day we had, it felt later than it was.
side note: I'm.in a mixed dorm, meaning both boys and girls and two of the girls left, so now its me with 6 boys.
not thinking it would be that bad, because the last nights were just fine, I fell asleep happy and content. 4:30am rolls around and these guys come.CRASHING and YELLING into the room.... Trying to be understanding, I ignore them, thinking okay their drunk, they will get it out and then crash and it will be another peaceful night... NOPE, how dare i think such fantasies!
these ass holes are screaming and yelling and cackling like its their last night on earth. Finally I say 'okay guys get your shit together and be quiet please I have to wake up early'.. Do they listen. No. Continuing what they were doing, only one was attempting to be quite. After everyone was finally in bed, and I now have a full plan in my head as to how I'm going permanently damage their man hood with a hard swift kick to the balls, one guy starts making very uncomfortable 'noises'. Purposefully to get some.laughs out of his buddies, I'm officially uncomfortable.. It was a terrible night, not to mention I woke up to the fatty (who was one of the main pricks) farting... And then a few other tools chime in with their butt symphony shortly after... I got the hell out of there this morning!




****

No comments:

Post a Comment