Wednesday 26 August 2015

Early days in croatia

Split: Night train yuck
Desperate for place to sleep
Obsessed with water
Met some local girls, amazing
Got dinner at fife, amazing
Met another local that was fond of Tomas
I got ice cream
Walked around
Went to bed
Woke up and caught jadrolinja to hvar




Hvar
No place to stay
Made Tomas.book the only room.
Decided to sleep on the beach.
Went to the beach and met pam and Kristen from Canada
Swam all day and got really colored
Set by stuff in the perfect spot to sleep
Started raining non stop.
Ran to pam and kristens, they weren't there, stood in a cafe outdoor area to escape the rain
Tomas ran by to get me.from the beach and found me on the way back at the cafe
Sneaking into the hostel Tomas is at and spending the night
More nervous to be sneaking in a hostel than sleeping outside
Im exhausted


Leaving hvar today
Snick out of hostel and watched the sun rise
Spend the morning at a cafe and then reading in a park by the water and listening to music
Bought a necklace at a store cause I felt bad
Went to Dubrovnik:
Traveled from hvar to split from split to Dubrovnik.
Had to take a later bus
Bus ride was fine, pretty along the coast
Arrived at the station, met some Aussie girls and took the wrong bus but just stayed on because it eventually went to where we needed.
Got to hostel and checked in
Guy drove us to the other hostel where we would stay.
Got here and we didn't have rooms for an hour and a half. They gave the other people in the room all the keys and didn't keep one for themselves.
Old grandpa got mad at me for signing the situation to my new deaf friends from Belgium
They finally just broke the door so we could go in.




New friends
I notices this couple.signing at the bus station and watched then for a while. Finally I asked them in sign where they were from. The girl was surprised and I had a whole conversation with then. They ended up staying at the same hostel as us so I acted like an interpreter which was really awesome. They went through the room garbage with us so I had to interpret what was going on. I was really rusty but they were patient and helped me out. Esther and Johnathan I believe. Very nice! It was fun to sign again. Esthers parents actually live in Seattle and I got her whole story which was cool.




Finally in Dubrovnik, have to buck it out in this stupid hostel and then I can see rebs and Ana!!!!



Hostel review.
Clean and looks very nice. The presentation of the beds were lovely
However
No toilet paper in any of the stalls. It took an hour and a half to get our too.s because they didn't keep a spare key to our room and gave all the keys to the others who were out partying. They were rude when I tried to explain in sign language to the deaf couple what was going on. They tried for a few minutes.to get the door open and then just stopped and we had to try to open the door with hair pins and check the window to see if it would budge open. Now we have a broken door, so no leaving anything of any sort of value I. This hostel what so ever
And my phone wont connect to the wifi so thats useless

First full day in Dubrovnik:
Took the wrong bus but got a nice drive and cheap breakfast out side of town.
Got to town and walked around a bit
Met a family from Renton, Debbie Kemper and they let me finish off their muscles they had for lunch! Free lunch yesssssss
Walked around a bit bit and then went swimming outside the wall
Laying out and now they have a big water polo match going with announcers, music and everything. I think ill stay longer than expected

No comments:

Post a Comment