Saturday 1 August 2015

The Pest first impression


Arrived in Budapest to gorgeous beautiful sunny weather. Got on the metro and headed towards my hostel. I met a lovely kiwi couple (couple from new Zealand) who will also be going to Croatia the same day as me, so we exchanged info and hopefully will get together once were all there.


I got to my hostel finally and just from the 10 minutes I walked from metro to hostel it was awesome. I'm in love with the Pest!
When I got to my hostel, I saw three gentlemen struggling with the door code to get in so, like a moth to a flame, I walked a little faster to stand with the Dutch boys to get in. Introduced myself and we all eventually got up the stairs.


When we got up the stairs we were greeted by wonderful Monica who worked at the front desk and we set our bags down and mingled a bit.

And then Monica brought us out some shots....
Once we were all acquainted and checked in there was the faint whispers of people wanting to go out... I have not gone to a party party my whole trip so far, especially not after I just arrived that day. BUT I thought, I need to hang out with these nice looking fellas and I should probably go out out at least once. So for some reason I chose this pool party event that everyone was going too...


Realizing I was going to a swim party.... I ran to shave my legs, as it had been a couple weeks and i was looking very European... Gonna fully try to rock the ice cream gut I accumulated the past month and a half as well....


So lets see if I can remember all the guys names I was now hanging out with at this point:
Laurence
Dan
Ivan
Andre
Nick
Tomas (American)
Steven
 and then later came Fiachra and his sister D (because I forgot her full name so we all called her D)


First stop was food.

After that, I was trying to decide if I was really excited, or super grossed out that I was about to be in a kind of giant hot tub full of way too many people. Soaking like a stew, a mixture of people, mostly men anyway, drunk and I'm sure peeing in the pool, drinks spilled and limes floating around....


It was fun.. However. It made me realize how much of a big party person I am NOT!
I don't like to drink to get smashed cause I like to be productive the next day, so rest assured family that I did not drink a lot, my mind was sound and the group of men knew I was a strong feisty spit fire who would throw a punch if i needed too. I made sure they knew this.
All in all, it was a fantastic night, fun and safe, but now I'm excited to have some days to see the city and enjoy Budapest even more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment