Tuesday 29 December 2015

Ice ice baby! Reykjaviks calling!

Get yourself above the clouds and notice the world from a new perspective. the clouds look like valleys that go on forever, everything perfect, smooth and serene. Nothing is more amazing than seeing snow capped peaks rise just above the giant cotton balls, like thats their job, to be seen just enough for your curiosity to picture the rest, or better yet explore.


Im back on the plane, this time to Iceland. Why? Because I've never been there and there's no excuse to not see what you've never seen and never learn about places teachers never talked about it school.


Breaking the barriers of your comfort zone is my new years resolution. And although I went 3 months on my own in several different countries, there's still the tinge of excitement, nervousness, and curiosity that overwhelm you. Its a sort of high that is so indescribable, and I love it.


I have 10 days to meet new people, have new experiences, learn something fascinating and try new foods.


So far I met Espi, short for Esperanza, who by the way, originally drove me crazy because she sat RIGHT next to me and started clipping her nails.  I felt like everytime I heard the snap of the clippers I was about to get harpooned in the face or that they were flinging into my hair adding a disgusting sort of hair dazzle.. This was not the case but it really could have happened at any moment . She is an older woman, traveling by herself looking for a break from technology and finding a sort of spiritual holiday for her 10 day trip to Iceland. So fun to meet older people taking chance and traveling alone to a place they've never been. She hopes she sees me at the bars this coming week :D

Then there is my plane buddy bobbi. We actually really lucked out and our muddle seat is empty so lots of room to stretch for the both of us. She's an older woman as well who is part of an organization for people 51+ that travels all around the world to learn about new places... AMAZING!! they take one educational class in the morning to learn about history, vulture, food, all sorts of things!


Trip is off to a great start!


met some nice guys from California, Logan and Dillon. Got to hang out with then and grab dinner, hopefully we will all be together for new years to celebrate with a group!

No comments:

Post a Comment